Corel has released PaintShop Pro X5 consumer photo editing and creative design software. The company says it delivers all the powerful editing and digital design tools needed to produce stunning images and professional works of art.
It features easy-to-use, pro-quality tools and built-in learning resources so every level of user, from aspiring amateur to seasoned professional, will be able to expertly organize, edit, and share.
The latest release includes updates and refinements to PaintShop’s most popular features such as layer styles, brushes and high dynamic range (HDR) tools.
The software also boasts new creative tools including Retro Lab, an Instant Effects palette and a Graduated Filter effect.
Also new to X5 are social media integration and organizational tools such as face recognition and Share My Trip which gives users the ability to share map based interactive slideshows.
Product highlights include:
• Instant Effects palette includes a variety of preset effects and styles such as Artistic, Film, Black & White, and Landscape, plus users can create their own
• Retro Lab lets you create and apply old-school colour and contrast effects to photos to achieve a distinctive look inspired by early or toy cameras
• High dynamic range tools let you create intense B&W contrast, easier photo alignment, and the application of presets to HDR batch processing
• Single RAW Photo allows users to create HDR results using a single RAW photo
• Graduated Filter effect delivers semi-transparent colour gradients that simulate the effect of using different on-camera filters
• Enhanced layer styles includes the ability to apply styles such as drop shadow, glow and reflections directly from the Layers palette
• Face recognition technology helps users identify and tag individuals for easier photo management and social sharing.
Corel also has announced PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate which combines all the photo-editing and design tools of PaintShop Pro X5 with creative extras. Users can explore their creativity with Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 photographic filters, and Reallusion FaceFilter Studio 2.0 portrait-enhancement tools. Also included is a collection of 100+ unique brushes, textures and royalty-free backgrounds, making this product an exceptional value.
Not stopping there, Corel also has released Photo & Video Suite X5, with the combined power and creativity of PaintShop Pro X5 and VideoStudio® Pro X5. Corel calls this – with perhaps just a little hyperbole – the supreme content creation engine for photography, design and video enthusiasts.
PaintShop Pro X5 has North American suggested retail pricing (SRP) of $79.99. PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate is $99.99. Photo & Video Suite X5 is available in English, German and Bilingual (English/French) for Canada for $129.