Pro X6 supports Ultra HD and AVCHD 2.0 and adds motion tracking and DSLR enlarge mode.
Corel says VideoStudio Pro X6 offers an impressive list of pro-level options at a consumer level price. What used to cost users hundreds of dollars, it notes, is now accessible for less than $80.
Here’s what it’s got:
- Motion Tracking: can automatically track moving objects and attach graphics.
- Customize Motion: complements the new motion tracking functionality, letting users define their own motion path which dramatically accelerates the process of setting animated paths. Motion tracking can also be used to animate still images and titles.
- Ultra HD video support: offers a variety of 4k input, edit and output resolutions in both AVC and MPEG-4 formats.
- AVCHD 2.0: offers full support of the latest AVCHD 2.0 specification, including AVCHD 3D, AVCHD Progressive, and AVCHD 3D/Progressive 50/60p profiles, for slow motion and action video. Users can also output their AVCHD project to SD card, complete with menu navigation and chapter points.
- DSLR Stop Motion and Enlarge Mode: Enlarged Mode emulates the camera’s viewfinder, providing a larger composition window with complete settings for aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and more, ideal, says Corel, for pro-quality stop motion productions for users of any skill level.
- Support for QuickTime movies with alpha channels: adding to the compositing and effects capabilities, users can now import animated sequences that contain transparent backgrounds allowing them to create animations and video effects in 2D and 3D animation packages for use in VideoStudio Pro X6.
- Subtitle Editor: will automatically detect speech in video, providing an instant, editable list of potential subtitle moments.
- Swap tracks: swap overlay tracks, making it faster and easier to reorganize a project containing multiple overlay tracks. When tracks are swapped, all associated media within each track is retained and carried over as well.
- Variable Speed: allows users to quickly make adjustments to a project’s playback speed at multiple intervals. Excellent for action and 50/60p video.
- Screen capture: gives users control over the capture frame rate as well as the option to capture mouse clicks.
Users can add broadcast-quality effects, 2D and 3D titling, apply animated pen effects, image correction and video stabilization.
Suggested retail pricing for VideoStudio Pro X6 is $79.99, while VideoStudio Ultimate X6 is $99.99.