Pro 8 is said to be the most complete solution for the enhancement and control of image production for professional photographers. The standard version, ACDSee 18, offers high-end tools to produce professional quality photos and manage a photo library.
ACDSee Pro 8 and ACDSee 18 offer the following new features and improvements:
• PicaView – a quick and easy way to preview files through the OS’s context menu, without having to open them in an application.
• 1-Step EQ – automatic exposure adjustment.
• Smart Indexer – catalogues folders and adds them to the ACDSee Database when the user’s computer is idle. The Indexer knows when changes have been made and automatically keeps everything up-to-date.
• SeeDrive – users can access and manage their online images quickly and easily, control privacy settings and share photos.
• Auto EQ – the ability to give images a one-touch exposure boost while viewing them.
• Auto Lens View – users can see what their images would look like with a variety of effects on the fly.
• Folder Tree & GUI Enhancements – provides users a seamless view of their photo files in a familiar Windows format.
• New Special Effects – Apply a variety of brand new effects without going through a cumbersome, technical multi-step process.
• Improved Selections – Selections tools are now available on the main Edit mode panel, allowing users to quickly select areas of their image and move into other Edit mode tools.
• Edit mode Navigator Window – The automatic navigator appears when zooming into a photo, allowing users to easily move it around to view specific details.
• Raw Updates – supports the latest RAW file formats.
ACDSee Pro 8 also offers:
• Pixel targeting – selectively adjust pixels with a variety of Edit mode tools by targeting specific colours and tones within the image Edit Mode.
• Fill Tool – users can enrich every pixel the same colour as the one you clicked with your selected background colour for fast enhancements.
• Edit Mode History Window – view adjustment history and return to a specific adjustment. There’s also the ability to undo all changes at once.
ACDSee Pro 8 is available for $199.99 and ACDSee 18 for $79.99. Both products are also available via subscription starting at $79 per year.