Adobe has announced a major update to its Creative Cloud Photography plan with the release of a new Photoshop Lightroom CC. The company says the new program delivers “lightning-fast” performance and new tools to edit, enhance, organize and showcase photos.
Creative Cloud Photography also includes mobile capabilities: automatically syncing photos with Lightroom CC on the desktop, Lightroom on mobile devices lets users access and edit their entire catalogue of photos on iPad, iPhone as well as Android smartphones and tablets.
Cost is $US9.99 per month.
New features in this release include:
- HDR Merge – Create natural-looking or surreal images from extremely high-contrast scenes by easily combining multiple shots taken with different exposure settings into a single raw high dynamic range image.
- Panorama Merge — Capture super wide fields of view and amazing detail by stitching together multiple images to create raw panorama shots.
- Performance Improvement & GPU Enhancements – Perfect photos up to 10 times faster than ever.
- Facial Recognition – Quickly find and categorize images of family and friends.
- Advanced Video Slideshows — Create polished slideshows using still images, video and music along with professional effects like pan and zoom.
This release, says Adobe, includes a major enhancement for Android with DNG raw file support on compatible Lollipop-enabled devices, providing customers the full power of raw file post-processing on their Android smartphones and tablets.