Corel has introduced PaintShop Pro 2018, described as “the complete photo editing and graphic design suite,” offering more speed, flexibility, and creativity. There’s a redesigned and customizable user interface said to be friendlier with high-resolution displays and pen and touch devices.
The software’s performance is claimed to be faster, and there are more than 125 pieces of new content including brushes, gradients, textures, and patterns.
Here’s what the software offers:
- Dual workspace environment: Two new workspaces – Essentials and Complete.
- Simplified, touch & pen-friendly interface.
- Faster launch time & performance: PaintShop Pro 2018 is said to launch more than 50 percent faster than the previous version, while the software’s most popular tools now respond with near-instant results. Text wrapping is faster and depth of field adjustments can be achieved four times quicker than before.
- Customizable toolbars.
- Colour palettes, brushes & more creative content: Choose from a selection of complementary hues with 10 new Colour Palettes, apply artistic strokes with 30 new Brushes, and get creative with 30 new Gradients, 30 new Textures, and 15 new Patterns.
PaintShop Pro 2018 Ultimate, the comprehensive editing kit for photographers, delivers:
- Painter Essentials 5: Photo-painting tools transform pictures into art. Or start sketching, drawing, and painting from scratch using Natural-Media brushes.
- Perfectly Clear 3 SE: Restore details, colour, and other elements lost by your camera. Create a custom look with robust, time-saving presets that let you control multiple adjustments with just one click.
- AfterShot 3: Corel says this rivals Adobe’s Creative Cloud photography subscription, only without the monthly fee — including, digital asset management, RAW conversion, and adjustment.
Also introduced is the Photo Video Bundle. This brings together PaintShop Pro 2018 and VideoStudio Pro X10 for a complete photo, design, and video editing package.
PaintShop Pro 2018 and PaintShop Pro 2018 Ultimate are available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese. Suggested retail pricing (SRP) for PaintShop Pro 2018 is $79.99. SRP for PaintShop Pro 2018 Ultimate is $99.99. SRP for PaintShop Pro 2018 and Video Studio X10 bundle is $159.99. Upgrade pricing is available to registered users of all previous versions of PaintShop Pro.